Since graduating with an LLB and BCom from the University of Auckland and being admitted to the bar in 2016, Anna has practised in commercial and civil litigation. She has been involved in a wide range of disputes involving contractual interpretation, construction, insurance, and insolvency. Experienced in alternative dispute resolution forums and techniques, she has represented clients in mediations, arbitrations, adjudications, and negotiations as well as civil proceedings.
Anna has a particular interest in arbitration, which led her to London to work at the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) and to complete a Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration at Oxford University with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb). She is a Fellow of CIArb, and Fellow of the Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of Arbitrators in New Zealand (AMINZ). She is also listed on the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA) Panel of Tribunal Secretaries.
Prior to joining Wilson Harle, Anna worked for an international law firm in Auckland as part of New Zealand’s largest Major Projects and Construction team. She was involved in and advised on projects of significant size and complexity, including in notable arbitrations.
Anna was recognised as the Most Influential Lawyer - Young Influencer by NZ Lawyer in 2022 and was awarded the Inter-Pacific Bar Association Young Lawyer Scholarship in 2019.
- Acting for various contractors, subcontractors, principals, consultants, and suppliers on claims for breach of contract, design defect, delays, variations, and wrongful termination.
- Construction Contracts Act 2002 adjudications, and related debt recovery actions.
- Acting for insurers on various subrogated recovery actions.
- Acting for an overseas deposit insurance corporation on recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments in New Zealand.
- Acting for landlord of a commercial property in a dispute involving contractual interpretation issues.