Wilson Harle has acted for both trustees and beneficiaries in a range of disputes relating to trusts. Examples of cases in which the firm has acted include:
- Representing the trustees of two trusts in an application by a beneficiary for access to trust documents which was successfully defended by way of summary judgment and affirmed at every level up to the Supreme Court.
- Representing beneficiaries in applications for Court removal or appointment of trustees.
- Representing Public Trust in several proceedings relating to the unwind and administration of multiple large and complex trusts.
- Representing the trustees of a trust in an application for directions as to the continuation of the trust.
- Acting for removed trustees on an application to the High Court defending a claim for breach of trust and seeking a declaration as to the validity of their removal and directions from the Court under the Trustee Act.